This is a sponsored post. However, all opinions expressed are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
Written by Mattie
In my younger days, I had no troubles with my weight. In fact, I was fit and sexy if I do say so myself. But as the years went by and kids came into the picture, my body took a beating. Anyone who has children knows the affect this can have on your body and your self-esteem. Now that my children are grown I am focusing more on my health. My biggest problem is following through with workouts and eating plans. Therefore, I needed all the help I could get. That is why I jumped at the chance to take the HomeDNA™ Healthy Weight DNA test.
HomeDNA™ Healthy Weight DNA Test * The Break Down *
HomeDNA™ Healthy Weight is a DNA test and program that “first examines your genetic markers (SNPs) that influence weight and then provides customized diet and exercise strategies for a healthier you.
- Learn about your genetic profile to achieve a healthy weight
- Receive nutrition and exercise recommendations tailored to you
- Unlock access to resources and tips to help you look your best.
Ease of Use:
The test was easy to take, simply swab your cheek with the included cheek swabs in your kit, send them to the lab, and within a few weeks, your results will be posted to your secure online account. The test retails for $119.00 and can be purchased on the HomeDNA™ website.
What You Will Receive:
- Detailed analysis of the genetic markers influencing your weight
- Personalized recommendations for:
- Foods to eat – Best foods for your calorie needs
- Nutrients- Optimal nutrient needs and most effective supplements
- Best exercises- The ideal exercises to achieve and maintain your healthiest weight.
- Also, included, easy and delicious recipes tailored to your body
To be honest at first glance I couldn’t see how this report could benefit me. I already knew some of the things mentioned in the report. But at my daughters urging I took another look and found that this test really did offer beneficial information. While I still don’t 100% understand the scientific portion of the report, I am happy to know that my efforts to lose weight were not unsuccessful due to my lack of effort. The report shows that I have a low response to weight loss with diet and exercise. Which means I will have to work harder to bring sexy back as the kids say.
I also scored low for Vitamins B6 and B12 and below average for Vitamin D. This really reinforced what my doctors were already telling me. Therefore, it is great to know that I’m on the right track.
The test also showed that I have a low response to fat loss from cardio but I was shocked to see that I have an enhanced body composition response to strength training. I will be adding weights into my workouts now and spending a little extra time on strength training.
Here are a few of the recommendations I received in my detailed report:
- Exercise at least 5 and up to 7 days per week, or from 200 minutes up to 300 minutes per week.
- Cardio workouts should include: walking, running, cycling, swimming, aerobics, dancing and any of the cardio machines.
- Fast-paced, boot camp style or circuit training with weights
- Choose a plant-based diet that is high in complex carbs and avoid simple or processed carbs.
For each section, you received detail recommendations like the ones listed above. They cover nutrients and micronutrients and so much more. At first, the plethora of information in your report can seem overwhelming. But, I recommend taking a few minutes to just sit and really analyze your report.
Would I recommend?
Short answer, depends. If you are already on the right track or on the flip side if you know that you won’t implement the suggestions, then I wouldn’t recommend this HomeDNA™ test. However, if you are like me and you are serious about getting in shape and need to know the exact nutrients to feed your body and the right exercises to see results, then yes, I would recommend you purchase this test and see how it works for you.
I’ve waited long enough to get into shape. With the help of HomeDNA™ Healthy Weight, I am positive I am finally on the right track. Are you ready to take your health into your own hands?