Although there’s a huge emphasis put on things like makeup, hair extensions, eyelashes, and all kinds of other beauty elements these days, natural beauty is still really important. You should use things like makeup to enhance your natural beauty, not to cover it up! This cheat sheet is the ultimate natural beauty cheat sheet, and it’ll help you to enhance yours in as many different ways as possible. By the end of it, you’ll feel and look incredible! Take a look:
Eat Right And Take Your Vitamins
The food we eat makes a huge difference to the way we feel and look. When we’re eating the right foods, we feel more energized and usually happier. We also notice improvements in our weight, hair, skin, and nails. There are so many benefits to eating right. Have the odd treat, but if you really want to enhance your natural beauty, you should keep the amount you have in check. Alongside your healthy diet, you should take vitamins to make sure you’re getting everything you need in your body. This is more important than anything else on the list! Here are some pointers to help you get it right:
- Take things slowly at first if you find it difficult. Make one change at a time until these things become a habit.
- Don’t buy rubbish and keep it in the house, even if you have no intention of eating it yet. This is where many people slip up and have ‘accidents’.
- Consider learning how to use apps so you can monitor what you’re putting into your body.
- Learn how to read nutritional labels.
- Limit meat consumption to improve your health and get more veggies into your diet. You can even try one meat free day a week.
As well as eating right, you should get moving in anyway you can. Keep it interesting by doing different things throughout the week, but make sure you enjoy it so that you stick to it. Try to do a good mix of resistance training, cardio, and flexibility. Resting is just as important as exercise, so make sure you have at least one day a week of total relaxation. You should aim to sweat and work very hard at least a couple of times a week, after which your sessions can be more relaxation and even spiritual based. Moving your body helps you to get in touch with yourself, and will improve the way you look naturally in so many ways. You might find you drop a few pounds or even tighten up your body. You’ll also glow from the inside out! Here are some pointers to help you with this:
- Start slowly by committing to just 2-3 sessions per week.
- Monitor your progress in terms of strength, speed, flexibility, etc.
- Make sure you’re using proper form.
- Keep workouts less than 1 hour.
Take Good Care Of Your Skin
Taking good care of your skin each and every day is an absolute must. Healthy skin looks incredible with and without makeup. It’s one of the best accessories you can ever have! In the morning, you should cleanse your skin, tone it, and moisturize it. Using an SPF for the day ahead will protect you from the environment. Before bed, you should do a double cleanse so your skin is completely free of SPF and any debris from the day. You should then tone and use a night cream. You can use other products too, such as exfoliating pads, serum, oils, eye creams – anything you feel will help your skin. As a rule, you should save the thickest products till last. Layering your skincare properly is key to getting amazing skin that glows. It should also stay looking much younger for longer, so start ASAP! You can also give your skin occasional treats in the salon at home, such as facials and microdermabrasion. You can easily find out how to do microdermabrasion at home, and it’ll make your skin lovely and smooth. It’s basically a deep way to exfoliate your skin! Here are some tips to get this right:
- Know your skin type and use products to suit it.
- Watch for changes in your skin type throughout the seasons.
- Avoid touching your skin and spreading bacteria.
- See a dermatologist for serious problems.
- Stress can affect skin too, so make sure you relax.
Stay Clean And Hygienic
Staying clean and hygienic is one of the main keys to enhancing your natural beauty. Don’t go out with dirty nails, for instance. Make sure they are evenly filed and clean. Make sure your hair is clean, even if you have to use dry shampoo because you don’t have time to wash it. Freshly washed, moisturized skin and hair will make you look and feel great, even if you haven’t had time to style your hair or get ready.
- Shower or bathe every day.
- Don’t use water that is too hot on your skin too often, as it can dry it out.
- Detox baths are great for de-stressing, soothing muscles, and losing fat.
- Always moisturize after washing.
- Dry your feet and other areas properly to avoid developing problems.
- Keep towels clean.
Use Makeup To Enhance Your Natural Beauty
Instead of using makeup to mask your natural beauty, like so many do, use makeup to enhance it. Obviously if you have a special night out and you want to go for a dramatic look, then try something new. Maybe a smoky eye and dark lips! However, wearing a full coverage foundation and dark eyes day in day out is going to cover you up. Instead, try a sheer foundation. This will allow your lovely skin to shine through, while covering up imperfections. You can also use things like powder to fill in your brows, rather than a pencil or gel which can give a ‘too sharp’ look. Using nude shadows, lipsticks and glosses, and a coat of mascara will make you look great too. Don’t forget just a hint of highlighter to give you a gorgeous glow! Amazing natural makeup tips include:
- Using a wet sponge for a sheer glow.
- Keeping makeup brushes as clean as possible to avoid spreading bacteria.
- Curling lashes to give volume.
- Using brown mascara and eyeliner for a more subtle look.
- Plumping lips by exfoliating them and applying a volume gloss or product.
- Contouring subtly to give your face more angles.
It’s a fact that happy people look better than unhappy people. The key is to stop making your happiness depend on things like money and possessions. You need to be happy, just because you choose to be happy! When you decide to be happy, it’ll shine through. Plus, everybody looks better with a smile on their face! Here’s how you can be happy every day:
- Show gratitude for even the small things in your life.
- Do things you enjoy every day.
- Listen to music you love.
- Wear clothes you love.
- See people who make you happy.
- Watch funny films and programs.
- Develop hobbies.
- Work on yourself.
Use A Sauna/Steam Room
Saunas and steam rooms are awesome for clearing out the skin and flushing out toxins. You can even drop water weight with them. Plus, they are so relaxing! They can even help your muscles to relax if you work out a lot, or have a taxing job. Using one of these a handful of times a week can make a big difference to how your skin looks. You may even look slimmer and feel less stressed!
- Using one of these just twice a week could make a big difference.
- Make sure you leave if you feel dizzy or start experiencing problems.
- Stay hydrated.
- Don’t use after a heavy workout.
Drink Plenty Of Water
Water should be your go-to drink. Drinking a few litres a day will energize you and clear out toxins from the body. There are more benefits to drinking water than we could possibly mention here! As well as water, you can try things like vegetable juices and smoothies, but you need to ensure you’re not taking in too much sugar. You should limit fizzy drinks, as well as drinks containing too much caffeine. Drinking things will milk and sugar in won’t do anything for your skin, or your health for that matter. There have been studies that show what a difference drinking litres of water can make! Here’s how you can make sure you’re getting plenty of water:
- Carry a large bottle with you throughout the day.
- Drink from it even when you’re not thirsty.
- Make water more interesting with chopped fruit – don’t buy flavored water.
There you have it; the ultimate natural beauty cheat sheet. You should find that when you begin using these tips, you notice a massive difference in the way you feel and look. When we feel better, we automatically look better. When we look better, we start to feel better. You just can’t ignore the benefits of some of the things on this sheet!